I live in Holland and had a very bad experiende with RockAuto
I ordered 26 january a caliper 43018-TA0-A01 for my European Honda Accord 2009.
This part is 100% identical to Acura TSX part A1-19-B3358.
I received it on 1 february, I assembled it- it fitted 100%- and what happened.........the caliper was defective; the hand brake did not work and after I thoroughly bled the brakes there was no sufficient pressure behind the piston and the brakes failed to work. Then I replaced it with the old, worn out caliper, and everything functioned well.This means the new caliper had a factory defective so I sent a mail and the answer was that this caliper was not intended to fit for my Honda and I did not get a replacement or refund. The part was only intended for vehicles made in North America.It is wellknow in America that Acura TSX part fit 100% on European Honda Accord CU's. This are exactly the same cars.
I hereby warn every person outside the States: do never buy anything at Rockauto. You will have no warranty or replacement or refund or what so ever.So you take a big risk. With import charges included i payed 210 euro's for a defective part of which RockAuto only refunds the core (75$).Can anyone tell me if there is a consumer organisation were i can put a complaint?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Information on website
What I disliked
- Way they treated me
- Customer service terrible
- Still in business not for long
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Brake Caliper
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was very excited to purchase a 2013 Arctic Fox 32A last October, but the condition of the trailer at delivery was disappointing. The beautiful woodwork was chipped and scratched..."
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "I live in Holland and had a very bad experiende with RockAuto I ordered 26 january a caliper 43018-TA0-A01 for my European Honda Accord 2009. This part is 100% identical to Acura..."
- "The clothes look NOTHING like the pictures of this website! They copy existing designs by making poor quality replicas! The pictures are stolen from websites from the original designs! DressLily..."
- "First time at AliExpress and i bought multiple Power Banks. Afterwards there are a lot of defects with the accessories i forgave him and completed the order. Later on i..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."