Nieuwegein, Utrecht
100% full Not resolved

I live in Holland and had a very bad experiende with RockAuto

I ordered 26 january a caliper 43018-TA0-A01 for my European Honda Accord 2009.

This part is 100% identical to Acura TSX part A1-19-B3358.

I received it on 1 february, I assembled it- it fitted 100%- and what happened.........the caliper was defective; the hand brake did not work and after I thoroughly bled the brakes there was no sufficient pressure behind the piston and the brakes failed to work. Then I replaced it with the old, worn out caliper, and everything functioned well.This means the new caliper had a factory defective so I sent a mail and the answer was that this caliper was not intended to fit for my Honda and I did not get a replacement or refund. The part was only intended for vehicles made in North America.It is wellknow in America that Acura TSX part fit 100% on European Honda Accord CU's. This are exactly the same cars.

I hereby warn every person outside the States: do never buy anything at Rockauto. You will have no warranty or replacement or refund or what so ever.So you take a big risk. With import charges included i payed 210 euro's for a defective part of which RockAuto only refunds the core (75$).Can anyone tell me if there is a consumer organisation were i can put a complaint?

Review about: Brake Caliper.

I liked: Information on website, Price.

I didn't like: Way they treated me, Customer service terrible, Still in business not for long.

1.5
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $200
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Rockauto?

Comments

Problem not resolved. Rockauto has only credited the 75 dollars core.

Shame on them!