2.5
Turnaround Time

Purchased Monroe Struts from Rock Auto in 2017.Had one go bad within 30 days.

It was defective. Called Rock Auto to explain my problem. They told be no guarantee. Before I purchased them as I have made purchases of the same Monroe Struts from them before for other vehicles I was told these had a 90 day warranty.

I was in shock when they told me no guarantee. Right after that I contacted and made a complaint to the Better Business bureau of Wisconsin and called my credit card company and explained to them about the problem so they quickly put the item in dispute. They hashed it out with Rock Auto and about a month or so later informed me that I won my case. They thought I was treated unfairly and credited the money charged for the defected Strut back to my account.

I want to mention here that I did a lot of business with Rock Auto over the years. This was the first time I ever had a problem with them. I tried to buy what ever Parts I could from them if their price was fair as long as the Shipping cost didn’t kill the deal. A few months had passed since so I thought I would give them another chance and make another purchase from them.

I ordered Parts for my daughters car. The order went through but 2 days later they emailed me saying that they had to stop my order from being shipped because they saw that according to them I owe them money for that defective Monroe Strut mentioned above that was defective. Explained to them once again what went on. They could care less that I won my dispute case.

They said I must pay for that defective Strut or they can’t sell anything to me anymore. My advice would be to stay away from Rock Auto. If you must buy your Auto Parts online try Amazon first. At least Amazon stands by what they sell.

Also Amazon recently announced that they are going to go heavy into selling Auto Parts most recently.Karma is going to come back real hard on Rock Auto and their business practices and bite them in the behind.

Review about: Monroe Shocks And Struts Auto Part.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Rudeness and did not make good on defect.

Comments