Miami, Florida
1.8

Update by user Jan 25

Rock Auto never tried to contact me. I went through there return procedures and after several emails(Dear Mr.

Jones,I apologize for the delay. I can see that your package was delivered back to our warehouse on 12/31; your refund is still processing for this item. I have reached out to my credit department to expedite this process. We will email you when the credit has been issued.Thank you,Hannah RockAuto Customer ServiceRockAuto HELPhttp://www.rockauto.comOliver Jones wrote:I returned two parts using your shipping labels, shipped on Dec 28 2018, One, P# SLP E723KC to 12999 Executive Dr.

Sugar Land, TX 77478, This one you acknowledge and credited my card Two, P# SE 4-3970CP to1805 Riverview Dr. Ste. B, San Bernadino, Ca. This one you haven't acknowledged receiving it.

USPS Tracking # 9402010200847154383795 confirms you received it.

WHERE'S MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? December 31, 2018 at 12:17 pmDelivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail RoomSAN BERNARDINO, CA 92415 I got my money back (less shipping)

Original review posted by user Dec 26, 2018

icket#104410086] return part problem order # 99831958

From:RockAuto Customer Service

To:Oliver Jones

Date:Wed, Dec 26, 2018 5:53 pm

This is an automated message to let you know that your email could not be received because Ticket 104410086 has been closed. If you have additional questions, please use our Help pages. If you have a new order issue, please report it using our Order Status and Returns page.

Ralph

RockAuto Customer Service

All this BS has just lost you a customer. Years back when you were in you beginning,

if I had a problem , it was immediately solved. Now you have become to big for you

britches. The $10.00 or so return shipping is not the question, (we are a million a

year company) it is now the principle of it. The people I have been corresponding

with know nothing about the workings of an internal combustion engine, they probably

are well versed in headlights and seat covers tough.

When you started you were number one and I recommended your company many time over,

however now there are lots of fish in the pond that are even less expensive and maybe

there service will be better???

I am very disappointed but I am looking forward to what you competitors can offer.

Oliver Jones, President

Sent: Wed, Dec 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Subject: Re: [Ticket#104410086] return part problem order # 99831958

Dear Mr. Jones,

We're sorry you were not able to provide a VIN.

However, you can still return these parts.

We have a 30 day return policy for exactly this type of situation, so you can still

return these for a full refund of the part price, without restocking fee.

Though we do not cover return shipping, you can get a discounted return shipping label

at our Order Status & Returns page.

Refunds are issued back to your original payment method within 3 business days after

tracking information shows our warehouse has received your return. We will email you

when the refund is issued.

You can also view the status of your refund(s) using our Order Status & Returns page.

For further information, please see our Help pages or click the link below:

When will I receive my refund?

Ralph

Oliver Jones wrote:David

RockAuto Customer Service, I have rebuilt over 10 of these Mazda 2.2L engines and

have bought some of the parts from you in the past and never had to get a vin. To get

a vin from a third world country that who knows if this engine is even still being

used in a truck is not possible. I have give you the part number crossovers and

pictures. Spent several hours reading catalogs and on the phone with Sealed Power

customer support. I can't see that any further investigating will solve anything, the

parts are wrong. I am about to order several more gasket set for this engine from you,

it seems it is the only part you can get right.

Sent: Wed, Dec 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Subject: Re: [Ticket#104410086] return part problem order # 99831958 Dear Mr. Jones,

Thank you for providing that information! Please contact somebody to get the VIN so

that we may investigate further.

Trace

Oliver Jones wrote:David

RockAuto Customer Service The more investigating I have done through customer service

at Sealed Power they no longer list E723KC in there catalog however Hastings cross

reference catalog does show that E723KC crosses to Hastings 2C6159 and to continue in

there catalog to ring specs they are (31/2 bore top ring 3/32 second 3/32 oil

3/16) The rings in the Sealed Power box are for 31/8 bore. On order 99831958, I am

trying to return sealed power E723KC which are packaged incorrectly There isn't a

selection button on your return page that corresponds to this problem I have checked

with Sealed Power and I am correct I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for something

that isn't my fault . I ordered the proper number from your catalog and and the box

arrived with that part number on it but the parts in the box are not for the engine

listed (1983 Mazda B2200 2.2L diesel) The gasket set on they same order is correct.

The valve is also correct. The rod bearings Sealed Power 43970CP, I just discovered

are also incorrect and calling Sealed Power customer service they no longer show this

number and don't know what they fit or can they give me specs however they are for a

2" journal crank and the Mazda is a 21/4" journal. This you can check Mazda diesel

2.2L specs to see that I am correct. To answer (your vin) we are an engine rebuild

shop and the vehicle this engine fits is somewhere in the Caribbean.

As for the rings there would not be a number on them and the rod bearings have a

number of 0527 225 30STD We are a specialty engine builder, building about 150

diesels a year from 10 to 2000 hp. I am not trying to give you a hard time but I know

what I ordered for the Mazda diesel we are building and even though the part numbers

seem right but the parts are not. When I complete this one I have two more of the same

to do and was hoping to source some of the parts them from you. Hope this can be

resolved soon,Oliver Jones

Sent: Sun, Dec 23, 2018 11:23 am

We're sorry that the part you ordered does not fit! We would like to find out why.

Please provide:

- Your VIN

- Your Original Equipment part number (the part number of the original part you are

replacing)

- Images showing the difference between the part you received and your original

part

Once we have this information, we will investigate further right away.

If you prefer to return the part without us investigating the problem, you can view

and print your return instructions through our Order Status & Returns page to return

the part for a refund of the part's cost. We will issue the refund back to your

original payment method within 3 business days after tracking information shows our

warehouse has received your return. We will email you when the refund is issued.

For further information, please see our Help pages or click the link(s) below:

How do I view my return instructions?

When will I receive my refund?

What is your return policy?

David

RockAuto HELP

Oliver Jones wrote:Please explain the difference between the

original part and the part we sent. The 2.2L Mazda diesel is 31/2" bore, the seal

power E-723KC is for a 3 1/8" bore not this engineWas the problem with the part due to

a manufacturing error -- such as an incompletely-drilled hole, or a measurement a few

thousandths of an inch too large or small? NoWe are sorry the part doesn't fit. The

manufacturer says it should fit your vehicle and we are not sure why it does not.

Since we shipped the part you ordered and you ordered correctly, it doesn't look like

either of us made a mistake. If you return the part, we'll refund the price you paid

for the part and the core charge (if any). We'll also split the shipping cost (which

neither of us can recover from the carrier). We will provide you with a return

shipping label to return the part at our expense, but will refund only what you paid

for the part and not the cost of outbound shipping. Your total refund would be $75.80.

I am sending this email because on your return page there isn't a line for miss listed

parts.Only( Was the problem with the part due to a manufacturing error -- such as an

incompletely-drilled hole, or a measurement a few thousandths of an inch too large or

small?) and I answered No expecting the next line to ask another question such as

miss print or miss listing but I came to a dead end. I ordered the part number you

show in your catalog and I received that number, however your catalog is wrong. I

shouldn't have to pay anything and I should get a full refund including shipping.

Either you or Sealed Power - Federal Mogul are wrong. There is a correct part supplied

by Hastings 2C6159 which I have on order from my regular wholesaler. I hope you can

rectify your mistake with a full refund including shipping. If you check our web sit

allmarinediesel.com you will see that we are very much in the diesel engine business.

Website: www.allmarinediesel.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Rockauto Shipping Service.

Reason of review: missed packaged no refund for return shipping.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rockauto Pros: There ok, There on line catalog is easy to navigate.

Rockauto Cons: Do not honour their return policy or shipping return policy.

Comments