Rockauto - Poor Dayco timing belt kit quality - no help from so-called customer service
Bought Dayco timing belt kit WP199K1AS, as it had gaskets/ oil seals other kits lacked.Installed all seals and parts; after less than 2 weeks,the engine jumped timing, shutting down the engine and necessitating a tow at 10:00 in the evening.
The cause - water pump pulley sheared off, trashing timing belt! Tried to return for refund, but customer service adamantly insists ALL parts must be sent back - including the already installed oil seals/gaskets not associated with failure!
Sorry, not tearing down engine again and leaving me without transportation to get refund for a rather mediocre kit, unless they're willing to overnight better quality parts and pay for the labor in removing the (presumably) good parts.Now I know better.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Information on website
What I disliked
- Customer service terrible
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "I bought a brand new 1025r tlb in may 2016 took home found loose nuts and bolts loose on machine had 2 hrs on it had to have mower..."
- "Shipping has always been a problem with them. They don't package things well enough to avoid damage. The latest pile of project parts I bought had such a problem. I..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only. For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 &..."
- "New Vitality is a long-term front for Roger W. Mason, a convicted drug manufacturer and drug illegal drug dealer who sells such items as Super Beta Prostate and Ageless Male..."
- "We left a message with James Perry, President of Lennar on Nov. 28,200SIX.We stated that Lennar should change their founding principles. Lennar states "highest standards for caring for their..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."