Rockauto - Poor Dayco timing belt kit quality - no help from so-called customer service
Bought Dayco timing belt kit WP199K1AS, as it had gaskets/ oil seals other kits lacked.Installed all seals and parts; after less than 2 weeks,the engine jumped timing, shutting down the engine and necessitating a tow at 10:00 in the evening.
The cause - water pump pulley sheared off, trashing timing belt! Tried to return for refund, but customer service adamantly insists ALL parts must be sent back - including the already installed oil seals/gaskets not associated with failure!
Sorry, not tearing down engine again and leaving me without transportation to get refund for a rather mediocre kit, unless they're willing to overnight better quality parts and pay for the labor in removing the (presumably) good parts.Now I know better.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Information on website
What I disliked
- Customer service terrible
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I will never use rockauto.com for anything else. Their ad was misleading. I thought I was purchasing a front left control arm and a front right control arm. I only..."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "InventHelp Trina of Jacksonville, NC September 2, 2009I submitted an idea for an invention, FIREXCELL,(Fingerprint Activated Firearm), that would use the finger print recognition, (biometrics) to access and unlock a weapon...."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."