3.5
Turnaround Time

Bought Dayco timing belt kit WP199K1AS, as it had gaskets/ oil seals other kits lacked.Installed all seals and parts; after less than 2 weeks,the engine jumped timing, shutting down the engine and necessitating a tow at 10:00 in the evening.

The cause - water pump pulley sheared off, trashing timing belt! Tried to return for refund, but customer service adamantly insists ALL parts must be sent back - including the already installed oil seals/gaskets not associated with failure!

Sorry, not tearing down engine again and leaving me without transportation to get refund for a rather mediocre kit, unless they're willing to overnight better quality parts and pay for the labor in removing the (presumably) good parts.Now I know better.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with information on website and price. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dayco wp199k1as timing belt and associated monetary loss in the amount of $70. Rockauto needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dayco wp199k1as timing belt in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rockauto.

Had an Experience with Rockauto?

Comments