I purchased a costly car part that was to be rebuilt, and it didn't work at all, and only option for me is to send it back to them at a cost of nearly a hundred dollars. I lost my original core.

Now I am going to be out hundreds of dollars and my original part, which worked better than the rebuilt I got from Rockauto

so I'd avoid getting any sort of hydrallic rebuild part from these guys. Only get parts like oil filters, new stuff, not rebuilt stuff, that's my recommendation

there is no customer service, no way to tell them that I'd like to sue them

Product or Service Mentioned: Rockauto Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 11.

Comments

If the part you ordered was defective then it is the responsibility of the seller to make it right. If they refuse to do so, or if they try to tell you that you have to pay for return shipping then they are dead wrong. If they refund the cost of the purchase then contact your bank or credit card company, whichever you used to pay for the purchase and file for a chargeback.

to KnowUrRIghts #1501251

I meant to say if they refuse to refund the cost of the purchase

to KnowUrRIghts #1507962

Hi, thank you for your advice. I called the credit card company and discovered that I was two weeks past the six month deadline for a credit card dispute.

However, if I had called two week prior then they could have disputed the charges. I purchased and installed the steering rack last November in my 1990 Volvo but then I didn't drive it over the winter.

When I started driving it in the summer several months later then it failed, it worked at first then one day while I was parking there was a clicking noise and from then on I got a negative hydrolic assist instead of the desired positive hydrolic assist. Anyways, the point there still is no way that I know of to get around covering rockauto's shipping costs, no rockauto customer support, what would a lawyer or consumer advocate do?