Rockauto - Rock Auto sold me an A/C Compressor with Missing Parts

157 of 170 Rockauto reviews

I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch and pressure valve. Rock Auto kept ignoring my emails and a PayPal dispute I made claim of. I called Rock Auto up and explained the problem and they said the company they go through that is named GPD doesn't supply those parts with the compressor. They said I had to go buy them. I just paid $189.79 not including shipping for it and close to $20.00 shipping.

Those parts should of been installed in the a/c compressor during the rebuilding process. Rock Auto should have stated on their website those parts are not included with the compressor; but they did not. I would not have bought it knowing two parts were missing that are very important parts that must be in that a/c compressor. I wasn't aware of the problem until it got shipped to me. That is not a complete rebuild at all to leave out two very important parts.

I asked them more than once for a prepaid RMA to ship it back; but they decided to make me pay to ship it back. That is totally wrong. I spoke to customer service at PayPal and the representative agreed what Rock Auto is doing to me is wrong. This is just plain out bad business practices and I will never buy parts from them ever again. They lost a good customer that bought 100's and 100's of dollars in automotive parts from them; but never again will I buy anything they sell.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
157 of 170 Rockauto reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 29 #1191817 Chicago, Illinois, United States

I try not to buy parts from this kinda of company reputation....SCAMMERS....rather buy direct from store period.

0 2 Reply

Aug 31, 2015 #1027831

The switch does not come with the compressor, most all of the time. Some applications do not use a high side switch. Installer swaps old one or replaces with new.
The relief valve is in the compressor, that is what your arrow points to, also called a popoff or blowoff valve.
Do your research before you badmouth a company. Makes them look bad in unlearned minds like yours and makes you look bad in learned minds like mine.

6 0 Reply
Me2

Jun 02, 2014 #822921

Same experience here -- compressors typically don't come with a pressure switch installed.

4 0 Reply
Me

Mar 19, 2014 #796616

I've never heard of a compressor comming with the pressure switch. That's not rock auto's fault. I'm not sure about the relief valve.

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rockauto. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rockauto.
Filing a new complaint about
×