7.5K views
3.0
Turnaround Time

I have been a loyal customer and have bought thousands of dollars worth of parts over many years from RockAuto. I have also convinced many people to buy from them.

I will avoid buying from them unless absolutely necessary in the future since I have been vitimized too many times by their return policy. I received the fuel pump I ordered (Uro fuel pump PN 0030915301 for 1983 Mercedes 380SEC) that was listed as a "Standard Replacement Pump" for my car but it did not fit my car. I immediately processed a return (same day of receipt) but RockAuto return site stated I had to either pay the original outbound shipping or the return shipping even though they clearly listed the wrong part for my application.

Why am I responsible for any costs caused by their mistake? They also hide behind their website and provide no way to talk to a customer servide rep to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.

Review about: Uro Parts Fuel Pump.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Prices and selection and ease of finding parts.

I didn't like: Return policy, Insufficuent product detail to ensure correct part.

Comments

Rock Auto Guaranteed my 16 year old son the correct part within multiple pre-purchase email correspondences. The "Assumed" correct part was ordered even though Rock Auto's picture was incorrect.

Many emails requesting their help in this matter following their shipment of the wrong part was attempted. Their online "help" statement:ttps://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=4#NVRARRV Am I responsible for return shipping costs?In most cases, yes.

We offer discounted return shipping labels through our Order Status & Returns page. See, "How much does return shipping cost?"The only exceptions to this are if you received a part number that is not what you ordered, an item arrived defective, or if the manufacturer confirms our catalog information is incorrect.Now they are telling me in email correspondences, that my ticket number is closed.

Awful for returns. I ordered left and Right front calipers.

They don't match and neither one of them fits the car. I ordered them together, but I have to return them individually? WTFOne of them I get a label return at no cost. the other one costs me $5.90 to return.

I could scream. They sent the wrong friggin parts!

don't fit the car, don't match the picture, just wrong and I have to pay for it. It's the last time I will but from them

yeah i guess that sucks and i am pissed off that some kid in ware house sends me wrong part now i am out return shipping fee that is *** amazon will blow them out of water soon, so *** rock auto.

If you have received a product that you did not order you are actually not even required to return it and the seller is legally obligated to refund the cost of purchase. This includes the seller sending you the wrong product (because it is not the product that you ordered, right?).

If the seller sends the wrong product and the buyer is graciously offering to return it and the seller won't pay for shipping, simply keep the product you received and contact your bank or credit card company and file for a "chargeback". Keep in mind that money involved in this transaction could possibly be held up and unavailable to both you and the seller for a number of weeks as the financial institution investigates. Here is a link to an article written by an attorney http://smallbusiness.chron.com/law-regarding-receiving-shipment-not-ordered-78021.html that explains the laws a little. And another link that explains the chargeback process and when to file for one, http://econsumerservices.com/when-to-file-a-chargeback/.

I hope this helps people learn their rights as consumers and perhaps we can put an end to businesses and their unscrupulous practices. If everyone started doing this rockauto, and other shady online retailers, would start changing their return policies real fast.

Horrible customer service,called corporate, asked if they could help me with a problem, said they could not help me with anything, “l asked again anything “?there response again we can not help you with anything, DON’T BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!

I am about to return a ac compressor that does not fit my car. I will update and see.

They it has to be in its original packaging and box but it had a plastic strap on it that i had to take off to get it out. i wonder if they are going to use that against me.

the bolt holes did not match up when i got it up to the vehicle to install it. go figure.

This place sucks they send wrong part on purpose. I'll never purchase from them again.

#1420767

For the past 1hr*1/2 I have been trying to make contact No phones No emails.I purchased a tension er and Idle pulleys. I now installing however the Idle pulley i received smaller then the one on my 98 L/R D/2.

Will your Idle work on my Rover?

Pulley rb #419631. Quick answer would be appreciated Many thanks Franklin

Returned 175.00 brake rotors and pad kit .would not fit and did not put return order in package so i will not get a refund. I can not contact any one by phone or email.corporate office hung up on me.Will not buy from them again

Us to. Parts were not correct and returning and just trying to contact them is impossible

Just having the same problem. They sent me a wrong product (rotors and brake pads) and they do not want to pay for shipping. I would not recommend shopping from them.

York, Pennsylvania, United States #1315630

I JUST HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH WIPER BLADES.

THE BLADES THEY SENT ARE THE OLD HOOK STYLE MINE ARE THE NEWER PINCH TAB STYLE PAID 6.56 FOR BLADES THEY WANT 5.95 TO RETURN WHAT A RIP OFF

Madashell17
Troy, Alabama, United States #1266350

I've had a similar problem. I ordered wiper blades for an SUV and they were supposed to be original equipment.

Wrong. They were too short.

The cost of shipping cost as much as replacing. I went to local parts business and tossed the product fro Rock