12K views
3.0
Turnaround Time

I have been a loyal customer and have bought thousands of dollars worth of parts over many years from RockAuto. I have also convinced many people to buy from them.

I will avoid buying from them unless absolutely necessary in the future since I have been vitimized too many times by their return policy. I received the fuel pump I ordered (Uro fuel pump PN 0030915301 for 1983 Mercedes 380SEC) that was listed as a "Standard Replacement Pump" for my car but it did not fit my car. I immediately processed a return (same day of receipt) but RockAuto return site stated I had to either pay the original outbound shipping or the return shipping even though they clearly listed the wrong part for my application.

Why am I responsible for any costs caused by their mistake? They also hide behind their website and provide no way to talk to a customer servide rep to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uro Parts Fuel Pump.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Prices and selection and ease of finding parts.

I didn't like: Return policy, Insufficuent product detail to ensure correct part.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 05, 2017.

Comments

HelpCenter_PissedConsumer

According to Help with Existing Orders page, RockAuto accepts returns within 30 days. They do not accept any returns, except for those covered by warranty, after that time.

In most cases, the customer is required to pay for the return shipping of the item. Here is their full return policy found on their Help with Existing Orders page: “Every part we sell may be returned within 30 days for a refund of the part price with the exception of liquids that have been opened (oil, paint) and Gift Certificates. Arrange your return on the Order Status & Returns page.

If a part doesn't fit, don't try to "make it fit" and risk damaging the part, your car, or yourself! RockAuto is not responsible for any costs exceeding the cost of the part, and we will not accept returns of parts that have been installed or modified.

To receive credit, a returned part must be complete and in its original, unmarked manufacturer's packaging. Cores must be returned in the box the new part came in. Returns may not be refundable if the part, or the manufacturer's box, is damaged while in transit to our warehouse.

Shipping charges are not refundable unless the return is due to our mistake. If you refuse delivery or the carrier returns a package because you provided an invalid address, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.”

not only does their return policy suck, the commercial on the TV misleads you to believe they have EVERY part your car will ever need. 80% of the time they don't.

Those cock-suckers at Rockauto sold me Moog parts and sent Chinese made junk in place of Moog, then told me I would have to pay shipping to return the *** parts.

to Brutis #1571543

Moog is Chinese made!

Local parts guys are usually good about these kinds of issues and working on a solution, Rockauto can no longer be trusted, they were great for many years, but now I will not order from them anymore, besides its just as cheap on Amazon and Ebay, dont give those crooks your hard earned money and never buy from anyone who doesnt have a customer service line you can call. Screw you RA !!

Rockauto has been sucking lately trying to play hard-asses with good customers, they keep it up and they wont have any customers left.

That you should dispute with your credit card.

VictoriousDachshund

Parts claimed to be compatible yet weren't. Had to buy parts twice and pay multiple labor bills because of Rock Auto. No customer service, total run around.

How will you know if they received my return package package,I haven't been notified yet an paid shipping cost to return.

Made me not buy

I just lost $130 from my return I paid for next day shipping didn’t get it for another 2 weeks and plus it was the wrong part as well they either need to step their game up or will be losing a lot of customers

AgilePiranha

Rock auto sucks....yes sucks on returns....Theres no one to talk to theres no customer service phone number ....anywhere....Dont buy from Rock Auto...

Rock Auto Guaranteed my 16 year old son the correct part within multiple pre-purchase email correspondences. The "Assumed" correct part was ordered even though Rock Auto's picture was incorrect.

Many emails requesting their help in this matter following their shipment of the wrong part was attempted. Their online "help" statement:ttps://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=4#NVRARRV Am I responsible for return shipping costs?In most cases, yes.

We offer discounted return shipping labels through our Order Status & Returns page. See, "How much does return shipping cost?"The only exceptions to this are if you received a part number that is not what you ordered, an item arrived defective, or if the manufacturer confirms our catalog information is incorrect.Now they are telling me in email correspondences, that my ticket number is closed.

Awful for returns. I ordered left and Right front calipers.

They don't match and neither one of them fits the car. I ordered them together, but I have to return them individually? WTFOne of them I get a label return at no cost. the other one costs me $5.90 to return.

I could scream. They sent the wrong friggin parts!

don't fit the car, don't match the picture, just wrong and I have to pay for it. It's the last time I will but from them

yeah i guess that sucks and i am pissed off that some kid in ware house sends me wrong part now i am out return shipping fee that is *** amazon will blow them out of water soon, so *** rock auto.

If you have received a product that you did not order you are actually not even required to return it and the seller is legally obligated to refund the cost of purchase. This includes the seller sending you the wrong product (because it is not the product that you ordered, right?).

If the seller sends the wrong product and the buyer is graciously offering to return it and the seller won't pay for shipping, simply keep the product you received and contact your bank or credit card company and file for a "chargeback". Keep in mind that money involved in this transaction could possibly be held up and unavailable to both you and the seller for a number of weeks as the financial institution investigates. Here is a link to an article written by an attorney http://smallbusiness.chron.com/law-regarding-receiving-shipment-not-ordered-78021.html that explains the laws a little. And another link that explains the chargeback process and when to file for one, http://econsumerservices.com/when-to-file-a-chargeback/.

I hope this helps people learn their rights as consumers and perhaps we can put an end to businesses and their unscrupulous practices. If everyone started doing this rockauto, and other shady online retailers, would start changing their return policies real fast.

WildFinWhale301
to KnowUrRights #1608641

You are so right

Horrible customer service,called corporate, asked if they could help me with a problem, said they could not help me with anything, “l asked again anything “?there response again we can not help you with anything, DON’T BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!

I am about to return a ac compressor that does not fit my car. I will update and see.

They it has to be in its original packaging and box but it had a plastic strap on it that i had to take off to get it out. i wonder if they are going to use that against me.

the bolt holes did not match up when i got it up to the vehicle to install it. go figure.

This place sucks they send wrong part on purpose. I'll never purchase from them again.