I purchased the MOOG 81045 rear coil springs for my 06’ T4R V6 4.0L. I had my mechanic installed the spring but as soon as I drive of the shop I noticed a clunking sound. The mechanic told me it takes a week for the springs to settle. I waited a week but every time I hit a bump it makes a clunk sound. I found out the springs are not seated properly or it is not flushed to the bottom. The mechanic adjusted the springs so that the bottom lower end of the springs seats next to the groove. 2 weeks later the spring still will not seat correctly. The lower end of the springs with a pigtail end diameter was too small. I contacted Rockauto and told me they cannot accept refund since the springs are not returned with the original box. The springs came in two boxes, inside box has parts and picture while the second box outside box with addresses has rockauto taped. I threw a way the inside box but kept the big box. Bottom line: rockauto states they will not refund me but will replace the parts. The next e-mail replied to me that they can not replace the parts. Long story short I was stiffed by rockauto for $68.50 and told me that they will ship the parts to me which is preposterous that the parts don’t fit my vehicle.

Be very careful buying parts to them. You may save 10% but will cost you 100% if the parts had issues. I spent around $900 worth of parts for the last 2 months from them but their customer service was horrible. They don’t care demeanor.

I called their tech support and told me that they never had Moog 81045 issues or complaint from the customers. See the link below from the forum.

I posted a question in T4R.org about Moog81045 if members had any issues about the fitment.

Read below link:

order no: 38124443

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of people lie stating they will replace but they did not. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of rockauto customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $69. Rockauto needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned rockauto customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rockauto.

Had an Experience with Rockauto?

Comments

Been in the repair business forty + years. (tractor/trailer&auto)

Looking at your pictures I see the problem; missing is the insulator pad that goes between the mount and spring. Take a piece of black plastic pipe and slide it over the coil where it contacts the mount.

Hope this helps.