Rockauto - They steal your money in bogus shipping cost after selling defected parts

I ordered a Precise brand fuel pump and the pump screen required for warrantee of the pump. I received a defected pump with a crack by the negative wire hook up point. That was returned and I had then send a replacement. What I got the 2nd time was another Precise fuel pump with the same crack as the first. Because I was not going to try a third of that brand I sent the 2nd pump back along with the same branded fuel pump screen. While I shipped that back I ordered another brand pump and screen. That pump was more money and branded as SPECTRA PREMIUM fuel pump and screen. I received that 3rd pump and that one came defected also with a brass washer jammed under the intake. To top it off the 3rd pump was received with it's hardware bag ripped opened as well as the bag the pump was in. Also the protective outlet plug was missing. It was clear that the pump was a pre sold, defected and returned pump that they simply resold to me knowing it was defected. Now after 3 defected fuel pumps sold and returned with the 2 screens required for pump warrantee. Rock auto refunded the money for the pumps and screen but hit me with 2 counts of bogus shipping rates. Because the pumps were all not useable to me due to Rock Auto selling me junk that made the pump screens useless to me. Rock Auto claims the screens were fine and because I sent them back I do not get refunded for shipping them to me regardless the fact I have no pumps to use them with. I ordered the same manufacture brand screen because not all screens are the same just like any other filter. Some are cheap and not as good as others and being a warrantee issue It's common sense to use the same brand so you get no denial if you need to use the warrantee. I paid 8.07 for shipping to me on the first pump/screen combo. pump weight is near a pound and the screen max of 3oz. and when ordered the screen did not increase any shipping from the base cost of shipping the pump. Rock Auto now claims that the shipping cost of the pump was 2.12 (refunded) and the 3oz. screen cost 5.95 which they did not refund.

Other brand pump and screen shipping cost 6.25 when I ordered then together but same story as the first.

They claim that the near 1 lb. pump shipping was 1.27 (refunded) and the 3oz. screen was 4.98 and not refunded. When I made this order the shipping slayed the same just like the other and no increase rate when added with the pump. Strange how when ordered the cost to ship the screens were nothing but when returned because of Rock Auto selling me defected parts and creating the screens to be worthless to me they charge me 80% of the original shipping and I got no useable Parts.

They claim the screens are still good and I simply returned them because I did not want them regardless the fact they sent me the un useable pumps that they were to be used with and required to keep the warrantee's. They figure the steal you money shipping this way. When you return a part that was part of a group order for any reason that is not defected they take that single item and put it in their shipping program as a single item as if that was the only item in the order.

This should and might be illegal and would be a good class action lawsuit.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Manipulating shipping to their advantage to not refund
    • Being lied to and cheated
    • Shipping

Reason of review:
Faulty parts, Rude customer service, steals you money
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Spectra Premium Sp1158 Fuel Pump
Review category
review #734555 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rockauto? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 16, 2015 #1079893

Rock Auto never contacted me about this mater.
I filed a BBB on Rock Auto about this scam and Rock Auto simply laughed at BBB. Waste of time except it does have a record of this scam practice for others to see. I then filed a dispute with the credit card company I used on the first order and the claim was decided in my favor refunding me the balance due. I was busy and did not file for the second order till a few days ago and I expect the same outcome.
Bottom line in order to deal with Rock Auto is to go file a dispute with your credit card company to get results but file with the BBB after to let others that they do not deserve the high ratings.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rockauto. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Rockauto.
Filing a new complaint about