I received an email advertisement for wholesaler closeout parts for my 2000 Chevy Silverado. In and amongst those parts was a radiator. I went to the website to order the part the next day and found that the part number was still the same but the description had been changed. So I called customer service, explained the issue and was absolutely assured that even though the description had changed, it had been misclassified as an air bypass valve but it was in fact a radiator and a radiator was what I would receive if I ordered that part.

So I did...go figure...I received an air bypass valve. I called customer service again and was told in so many words "oh sorry, catalog error...feel free to order the right part at full price". What??!! I sent an email to customer service and asked that a supervisor review my correspondence and get back to me. A lot of good that did!! He basically told me that I should be happy that they were allowing me to return the part at "no extra cost to me"...oh, that's right, because the time that I spent dealing with their ignorance costs nothing? And the time it will take me to re-pack the item and drive it to the nearest FedEx location will cost me nothing? That's right, I must be mistaken...fuel for my vehicle is free. I think not!

I would rather pay a little extra money at a local auto parts store as opposed to running the risk of having to deal with this type of scenario again. It's unprofessional and irritating.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of 2000 chevy silverado radiator from Rockauto. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Rockauto to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was false advertisement, misleading information and no effort put forth in resolving issue to customers satisfaction. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Rockauto for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Rockauto?

Comments