1.8

I ordered 6 ignition coils for a 2001 Infiniti QX4. The shipping charge was $15. The parts were for a Nissam Pathfinder, same basic car, same engine. However, Rock Auto shipped the wrong parts. Apparently their website has an incorrect part number for the coils.

I called customer service and they will credit my account for the coils but not for the shipping charge. Now I am out of pocket the return shipping charge as well. The two shipping charges amount to only $25, but the principle of not admitting that the parts as listed on their website for my SUV are wrong is why I am annoyed.

In addition, upon opening the carton, three of the six boxes were frayed at the edges and one of them had someone's initials on the flap. It appeared that these coils were either used or old boxes were used for the coils.

Their attitude is not surprising after reading a number of reviews about them. My mistake is not having checked the reviews prior to the purchase. It makes a good case for not buying online. It's not the first time I've been burned by lousy customer service and policies.

Buyers beware of Rock Auto

Review about: Rockauto Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Rockauto?

Comments